Sister Madeline Lammermeier, CSJ
Sister Madeline entered religious life on September 8, 1944 from St. Mary Parish, Brook Park. She taught elementary school for 25 years, mostly in grades 1 and 2. Assignments included St. Mary, Berea; Our Lady of Angels; St. Clement; St. Ignatius Elementary; St. Agnes, Cleveland; St. Mary of the Falls; St. Agnes, Elyria; and St. Rose. Sister Madeline worked as a nurse’s aide at St. Joseph Hall in 1973 and from 1978-1980 at St. John’s Hospital. In 1981 she received LPN certification and worked at Fairview Hospital for six years as a staff nurse. She then worked as a home health care provider for six years, as a staff LPN at A New Day adult day care center for five years and at Age Line Adult Day Care Center for 21 years. Currently, Sister Madeline is active in prayer line ministry and resides at St. Joseph Center in Cleveland.
Sister Eileen Wentzel, CSJ
(Sister Mary Delrey)
Sister Eileen entered religious life on February 2, 1945 from St. Mary Parish, Massillon. Her career has involved both education and pastoral ministry. She was principal of St. Wendelin for six years; taught at St. Boniface, St. Francis, and St. Gregory for one year; was a pastoral minister at St. Hilary in Akron for two years; was an instructor at Lorain Community College for three years; an instructor at Notre Dame College for one year; and taught at Nazareth Academy for one year.
Sister Eileen spent eight years in the Youngstown Diocese, three years in Miami, Florida, seven years in India, and four years in Washington, DC. Currently, she is active in prayer ministry and resides at St. Joseph Center in Cleveland.
Sister Antoinette Campanella, CSJ
Sister Antoinette entered religious life on February 2, 1950 from St. Ignatius Parish in Cleveland. She began her long career in education at St. Clement in Lakewood where she taught third grade from 1952-1961. She then taught second grade at St. Anthony of Padua in Parma from 1961-1968, first grade at St. Vincent de Paul in Cleveland from 1968-1969, first and sixth grades at St. Mary of the Falls in Olmsted Falls from 1969-1973, and then served as principal there from 1973-1981. Her last teaching position was held at St. Bridget in Parma where she taught for 22 years (1981-2003). After teaching, Sister Antoinette stayed active in education by serving as a volunteer with Seeds of Literacy in Cleveland. Currently, she is active in prayer ministry and resides at St. Joseph Center in Cleveland.
Sister Agnes Schrieber, CSJ
(Sister Mary Martin)
Sister Agnes entered religious life on September 8, 1949 from St. Vincent de Paul Parish in Cleveland. She began her long career in education teaching at St. Thomas Aquinas in Cleveland in 1952. From there, Sister went on to teach at the primary level at St. Margaret Mary in South Euclid (1953-1954), St. Colman in Cleveland (1954-1955), St. Joseph in Strongsville (1955-1957), St. Aloysius in Cleveland (1957-1961), St. Agnes in Elyria (1961-1964), St. Vincent de Paul in Cleveland (1964-1966), St. Peter in Akron (1966-1968), St. Bridget in Parma (1968-1978), then back to St. Vincent de Paul where she stayed 17 years (1978-1995). After teaching, Sister served as a volunteer secretary at Seeds of Literacy in Cleveland in the morning and secretary of the rectory of the parish in the afternoon until 2002. Currently, Sister Agnes is active in prayer ministry and serves as Sacristan at St. Joseph Center in Cleveland, where she resides.
Sister Marietta Starrie, CSJ
Sister Marietta entered religious life on September 8, 1949 from St. Ignatius Parish in Cleveland. She began her career as a teacher as St. Rose in Cleveland where she taught second and third grade from 1952-1958. She then taught science at Nazareth Academy in Parma Hts. for one year, and science at St. Joseph Academy in Cleveland from 1959-1968. After teaching, Sister went on to serve as pastoral associate at Sacred Heart in Elyria (1968-1975), as a teacher and campus minister at Lorain County Community College (1968-1977), as campus minister and dorm director at Oberlin College (1975-1977), as dorm director and theology instructor at the University of Notre Dame (1977-1987), and as administrator and retreat director at Betterway, Inc. in Elyria (1987-1989). Sister then went back to Lorain County Community College where she served as chemistry instructor from 1989-1994. After teaching, Sister Marietta came home to St. Joseph Center where she served as new member director from 1989-1994, and then in leadership as part of the CSJ Leadership Team from 1994-1999. She also served as co-parish life coordinator for Sacred Heart in Elyria from 2002-2009. She served the Diocese of Cleveland as Delegate for Religious starting in 1999. Currently, Sister Marietta is active in prayer ministry and resides at Regina Health Center.
Sister Karen Lyons, CSJ
(Sister Mary Rita)
Sister Karen Lyons entered religious life on August 30, 1959 from St. Clement Parish in Lakewood. She taught History at Nazareth Academy in Parma Hts. from 1964-1968. She then went on to teach at St. Joseph Academy in Cleveland from 1968-1973, and then served as assistant principal from 1973-1979. She then transferred to Cleveland Central Catholic High School where she served as assistant principal from 1979-1996. After her career in education, Sister Karen came home to serve as facilities coordinator at St. Joseph Center and as a counselor at St. Joseph Academy until 2009. Currently, she is active in prayer ministry and resides at Regina Health Center.